Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Short 'N Sweet

I finished my Short 'N Sweet last night, weaved in all the ends, and steam-blocked it. I took some pictures but haven't had time to upload them yet. It looked really bulky when I tried it on unblocked, but has better drape after blocking. I can't decide if I should use Patons Grace or Elann.com's Sonata for my second Short 'N Sweet. Any suggestions for a really good yet affordable 100% mercerized cotton?

The pattern calls for Karabella Zodiac, but I haven't been able to find any in my LYS, so I subbed Patons Classic Merino wool (yes, yes my go-to yarn) in Aran. Not the best sub since it should be done in 100% mercerized cotton, but I don't want to go too overboard on my first major project.

For a while, I was stuck on joining the body since the instructions in the pattern weren't very clear. However, for you people out there who might encounter the same problem, I went to the official Stitch 'N Bitch web forum and also to the particular designer's website La Vonne's Knot Just Knits. She has some diagrams on how to do the right and left front shaping, plus reading the crochet charts can be more helpful than reading words. :-P

No comments: