Monday, February 25, 2008

Hello

Hello, and welcome to my little corner of the web.

Recently, I've redisovered the joys of crocheting. Keep in mind I haven't crocheted much since I was 8. Oh sure, I've made a couple hats and scarves every now and then, but somehow crocheting gradually took a backburner to middle school, high school, SAT's, AP classes, and eventually college. But now that I'm out and working with plenty of free time to spare after I go home, I'm jumping right back in!

Last month, my best friend, Maryann, gave me
Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker as a Christmas gift. I love love love this book! Unlike the books I remember 15 years ago, this one isn't loaded with doilies, granny squares, ponchos, afghans, shawls, baby clothes, etc. Not that there is anything wrong with that. But I really want to learn how to make actual clothes that I can wear! So excited!

My first project was the One Skein scarf. Here's a picture...

No comments: