Monday, February 16, 2009

FO: Reversible Cabled Scarf


My cousin (who feels more like an aunt since she's the same age as my mother) was very generous and added many, many luxurious balls of yarn to my stash recently during my trip to San Francisco. Most of the yarn I have never had a chance to knit with before since they're expensive and very Italian/European and buttery soft.

I'm too lazy to photograph all my additions, but they were 3 balls of Karabella Margrite in Plum, 3 balls of Rowan Scottish Tweed Aran in Gray, 1 skein of Dream in Color Classy in Black Parade, 2 balls of Cascade 220 Heathers in Brown, 4 balls of
Lana Grossa Bingo Mouline in Green-Purple, and 3 balls of C
ascade 220 Superwash in Black. Needless to say, I was very touched and speechless by her generousity. I love the Karabella Margrite and I plan to buy a couple more balls to make Backward Cabled Pullover from Custom Knits which actually calls for the Margrite!

So this was made for my cousin. She loves cables and the color black. I have never used Cascade 220 Superwash before, but thought it looked really beautiful and soft in the ball. However, it bled a lot and grew disappointingly longer than I had expected so I probably won't use this again in the future.

Pattern: Reversible Cabled Scarf by Lion Brand
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash in Black
Amount: 2 balls
Needles: US 8 and 7

Size: 72" ?
Mods: None

* Folded in half

* Black cables are so hard to photograph

* Cabley goodness

No comments: