Thursday, October 1, 2009

FO: Fetching




Pattern: Fetching
Yarn: Chuckanut Bay Yarns 10 Ply
Amount: probably 100 yds or so
Needles: US 6
Mods: Did an extra cable repeat at the wrist, long-tail cast on, regular bind-off

I wanted to do a photoshoot with my gloved hand in my coat pocket like the model in the Knitty picture, but it's too hot here to model with a wool coat. Therefore, my left hand will suffice. ;-)

I have had this yarn for a while now. It was a souveneir from my bf when he went home to visit his parents. See this post to refresh about our experience winding it up. He was always sad I didn't make anything from it, and that it had been languishing in my closet for a year now. (Obviously, he doesn't know how stashes work.) So I decided to make Fetching and still have enough left over for a matching hat later.

2 comments:

juicyknits said...

Your boyfriend is definitely a keeper - such a great red!!!
And your fetching turned out nice. Well done.

Renee said...

A bf who buys you yarn? What a great guy!!
Fetching are great mitts.