Sunday, November 22, 2009

FO: Shalom Cardigan II

* Introducing Shalom 2.0


* Buttons that my bf helped me pick out. This was a couple months before I bought the yarn, so it actually worked out well.



* Tight back. :-(


Pattern: Shalom Cardigan by Involving the Senses
Yarn: Cascade Eco Wool in Colorway 8087
Needles: US 10 for body, US 9 for sleeves
Amount: 1 ball
Mods: Shortened yoke ribbing by 2 rows each, added 10 rows for back length, picked up 50 sts around sleeves on smaller needles to do 10 rows of garter stitch, lengthened the front by 14 rows

I loved my first Shalom Cardigan so much that I decided to make a second one. I'm not sure if I love this one as much though. The difference is that I used smaller needles than the first, and I actually included the waist shaping in the pattern. (First one had no waist shaping.) So it came out a bit tighter and smaller, and I feel a bit self-conscious about how the back looks. But I love the natural wool color and am thrilled it's the actual color of a real, live sheep. :-D It only took one ball of Eco Wool, so it was a pretty good deal finance-wise.

4 comments:

mle said...

Very nice! the color is just great! The back doesn't look bad at all. Could you wet block it out some more?

juicyknits said...

This is a very cute cardi! Well done!

Jasmine's Mommy said...

You always make such perfectly fit clothes. Love your mods, it looks great on you.

Philigry said...

i love all of your finished objects! my neighbor just finished shalom and she loved it! all your gifts are lovely too! I still have not made those potstickers...i can't wait to try them.