Friday, June 13, 2008

Interweave Crochet Summer 2008


My issue of Interweave Crochet Summer 2008 arrived in the mail on Wednesday! I love staring at all the gorgeous pictures of the projects probably as much I would enjoy making them. Here are some of my personal favorites...



Gladiolus Vest by Robyn Chachula: Man, I am majorly tempted by this pattern, and there is a high probability that I will make it. The yarn suggested is too expensive, so I will have to find a more economical 70% bamboo, 30% silk substitute. Do you guys have any suggestions? When I looked at the full page photos in the magazine, I was completely blown away. These sneak previews do not do it justice. I think this designer makes really beautiful patterns and I can't wait to see her upcoming book that will be released in September. I even put it on my Amazon.com wish list. Hehe.


Midsummer's Dream Camisole: Looks lovely, but I think the yarn suggested is probably way too expensive. Also, it appears to flare out too much for my taste in the back.

Ocean Pearls Cardigan: Another lovely cardigan that I'm half tempted to make. It reminds me a similar pattern in Everyday Crochet by Doris Chan, except her version is lacier. Btw, what does "bed jacket" mean? Whenever I look at this pattern, I think "bed jacket" and it conjures up images of sick people in bed. (Strange, I know.)

Sir Stephen, the Bunny: Isn't he adorable? Awww...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that Gladiolus vest too! I must run out and buy the new magazine.