Sunday, June 8, 2008

Rusted Root

This is my first knitted shirt and it really should have taken me only 2 weeks to complete. However, due to the sleeves, it will probably hibernate for a while. The pattern states that you are supposed to use 2 size 4 circular needles to do the sleeves, but I'm not sure what that means. (I am still an advanced beginner in knitting.) So I think I will try using size 4 DPNs (which will also be a new experience for me)! After trekking out to Michaels and Joann's today, I realized that neither store carried size 4 DPNs! This means I'll have to order them from Joann.com and possibly throw in some yarn to get free shipping. I spotted a beautiful shade of Patons Classic Wool at both of the stores today. Paprika. It's a terracotta orange color. Now I am tempted to get some once Joann's has a Patons sale...

Progress pictures of Rusted Root so far...






2 comments:

Jasmine's Mommy said...

Wow, your so talented! Your first knitted top. It's beautiful. I love the detail on this sweater.

Meli said...

Your first knitted top, are you serious? Gorgeous. (& not to be crass but it would totally sell for $108.00 at Anthropologie.)