Friday, October 10, 2008

Look at those huge balls!


Anthropologie sends me their periodic emails from time to time, and I literally squealed when I saw this picture.




I love those huge balls of yarn! And the hand-knit looking beret, and hand-knit looking sweater! Sigh. I am a yarn addict, and a sucker for anything that looks hand-knit.


I could use a yarn stool too.



I wonder how much that ball in the background weighs.




How do I make a slipknot?


I went window shopping at Anthropologie last night, and every time I go in, I secretly yearn for this mouse door stopper. This picture is borrowed from somebody else's blog, but the color in real life is actually more bronze and darker. Doesn't he look so cute? *No, I can stop...you...heavy...door!* If you know me, I really love mouse figures and anything to do with cute mice, especially because I was born in the Year of the Rat.


On the knitting front, I finished the waist shaping for Opulent Raglan last night and realized one side looked wonderfully shaped whereas the other side was not. I knew I should have gone with my instinct of decreasing evenly among both sides, instead of taking the pattern literally at its word. So it's back to frogging tonight. Honestly though, I don't feel too sad about frogging with this pattern. Can it be I enjoy it so much that I actually want to prolong the knitting progress? *Gasp* Besides, I need to learn to get out of my lazy habit of not frogging and then ending up with a product that ends up in the back of my closet unworn.


3 comments:

Yarnhog said...

Oh, awesome pictures!

So, yes, you did the shaping wrong. No big deal. The idea is to decrease one stitch on each side of each marker. In order to do that, you start three stitches away from one side of the marker, but only one stitch away from the other side of the marker. (I wish I could draw you a picture; it would be clearer.) Think of it like this: you want one plain knitted stitch on each side of each marker, with the decrease happening immediately next to the plain knit stitch on the side away from the marker. This gives you two plain knitted stitches side by side with a decrease on each side of the two-stitch column running up the side of the sweater. This means you are decreasing two stitches along each side seam each decrease round (4 stitches total per decrease round).

I can see why this would be confusing. Oh, and my email address is suzanne@vetalaw.com, so you can email me directly (easier than blog comment ping-pong).

Anonymous said...

My question is: how long did it take to wind those huge balls of yarn?!

Cute mouse stopper. Just adorable, I don't know if I'd be able to resist it.

Philigry said...

love these pictures!