Sunday, December 14, 2008

FO: Koolhaas Hat




Pattern: Koolhaas Hat from Interweave Knits Gifts 2007 (I don't have that issue so I bought the pattern from the Interweave Pattern Store)
Yarn:
Berroco Ultra Alpaca in Giada

Amount: 1 ball
Needles: US 6 and 8
Size: Man
Mods: None

This is the first Koolhaas I have made, and I was very relieved to discover that I was able to make it successfully. I only had to frog one row where I miscounted my cables, but afterwards it was smooth sailing. :-) This hat will go to my boyfriend's dad for Christmas. It looks pretty good on my boyfriend and fits him well, so I'm hoping his dad will have the same size head. :-P

I love the intricate detailing of this hat, and I can't wait to make additional ones in the future for my parents. The 1 x 1 cabling was a bit tedious, but it might have been because I literally spent an entire day from morning to night knitting most of the hat.

No comments: