Monday, December 1, 2008

FO: Opulent Raglan

My best friend, Maryann, came to visit me over Thanksgiving weekend and now I'm finally caught up on FO pics! Thanks so much, "Mackie"! :-) Readers, beware the flood of a FO parade...

Ever since I saw this sweater on Yarnhog, I knew I had to make one too. Technically, I finished this on Oct. 26 and have worn it at least a handful of times, but I finally got around to getting FO pics. This is my favorite FO ever, and the most wearable.

Pattern: Opulent Raglan by Wendy Bernard in Knitscene Fall 2008
Yarn: Ella Rae Classic Wool in colorway 11
Amount: ~ 4 balls
Needles: US 5 and 6
Size: 34"
Mods: I did an extra repeat of the cable pattern (~19 rows) before I started the waist shaping. It didn't seem right to me to start the waist shaping way up above my bosom. But I like it the way it is now. Also, I think I decreased 1 inch in length due to my fear of the yarn stretching too much which thankfully it did not.



Close-up of the front

Side
Back view
Trying to make the sleeves "pop"

4 comments:

Yarnhog said...

This looks absolutely fantastic on you! I love the fit and the color! Congratulations on the terrific FO!

Oh, and here's the story of why my son had to dress like an immigrant:

http://yarnhog-yarnhog.blogspot.com/2007/12/impromptu-fo-newsboy-cap.html

LunabudKnits said...

Love your knitting....

Just want to let you know that you won my contest at http://lunabud.blogspot.com . Loved the Sour Apple Bubblegum name!

Dany said...

Hi!
It's the first time I come into your blog, and I love all the things you knit!! WONDERFUL!!

Philigry said...

beautiful on you! i love it.
you can get the malabrigo in worsted (which is what i used for the hat) or chunky. it is yummy!